Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Loom Knit Magic Mitts



After making a Magic Scarf, I started thinking how nice it would be to have a little pair of mitts to go with them.  

The key to these mitts is to have a super silky eyelash yarn.  Lion Brand Fun Fur works extremely well. 

These mitts are fast, fun, and easy.

Materials Needed:
12 peg large gauge loom (Knifty Knitter flower loom shown in picture)
Loom pick tool
1 skein of Lion Brand Fun Fur (you will have left overs)


Start with a e wrap cast onto all 12 pegs of loom.

Knit in the round until tube coming off the loom measures 18” long. I used a very loose flat knit in the sample pair made in the photograph because I liked how fluffy it made them using only 1 strand of fun fur.  Feel free to use an ewrap stitch - it will work just as well.

Once your knitted piece is approximately 18” long, you will switch to knitting a flat panel method. Knit 12 pegs, then turn yarn and work the same 12 pegs again in reverse. This will make the opening for the thumb. 1/2” will be plenty big as this opening will be very stretchy.

Once you have made your thumb opening, you will continue to knit in the round for another 6” or until piece measures 24” total.

See this video for a detail of the bind off method.




This is how my mitts looked right off of the loom.

Now, weave in and cut your ends... then ENJOY!

These really are a one size fits all type of item. I am 5'1” and they fit me. I made my husband who is 6'4” with large hands try them on and they fit him as well.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about this pattern. I hope you enjoy them.


Happy Looming


Download your PDF copy from Ravely now




No comments:

Post a Comment